- Nawaz, S. & Iqbal, N. (2020) How cash transfers program affects environmental poverty among ultra-poor? Insights from the BISP in Pakistan, Energy Policy, 148(2021), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2020.111978
- Iqbal, N. & Nawaz, S. (2020) Cash transfers and residential demand for electricity: Insights from BISP, Pakistan, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-020-11384-w
- Azam, M. Nawaz, S., Rafiq, Z., & Iqbal, N. (2020) A Spatial-Temporal Decomposition of Carbon Emission Intensity: A Sectoral Level Analysis in Pakistan, Environmental Science and Pollution Research
- Nawaz, S. & Iqbal, N. (2020) The impact of unconditional cash transfer on fuel choices among ultra-poor in Pakistan: Quasi-experimental evidence from the Benazir Income Support Program, Energy Policy, 42(2020), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2020.111535
- Rasul, F., & Iqbal, N. (2019) What Determines the Global Terrorism? An Empirical Investigation for Developed and Developing Countries. Pakistan Vision, 20(2), 297-316
- Ullah, I., Khawaja, M. I., & Iqbal, N. (2019). Sustainability, market conditions and outreach: the vicious misconception of the win-win proposition in the microfinance industry. Economic Research-Ekonomska Istraživanja, 32(1), 2122-2137
- Mustafa, G., Ali, A., & Iqbal, N. (2019) Impact of Unconditional Cash Transfer on Child Nutrition in Pakistan: Evidence from Benazir Income Support Program (BISP), Global Economic Review, 4(4), 71-88
- Ahmed, A. Iqbal, N., & Siddiqui, R. (2018). Determinants of Housing Demand in Urban Areas of Pakistan: Evidence from PSLM. The Pakistan Development Review, 57(1), 1-25.
- Khan, K., Ali, M., & Iqbal, N. (2018). Volatile Discretionary Public Spending and Economic Growth: A Comparative Evidence of Developed and Developing Countries. Pakistan Business Review, 20(2), 403-416
- Iqbal, N., & Nawaz, S. (2017). Pakistan’s Bilateral Trade under MFN and SAFTA: Do Institutional and Non-Institutional Arrangements Matter? The Pakistan Development Review, 56(1), 59-78
- Khan, Z., Hussain, A., & Iqbal, N. (2017). Institutions and Innovation: Evidence from Countries at Different Stages of Development. The Pakistan Development Review, 56(4), 297-317
- Iqbal, N., Din, M & Ghani, E., (2017). The Fiscal Deficit and Economic Growth in Pakistan: New Evidence. The Lahore Journal of Economics, 22: SE (September 2017), 53-72
- Iqbal, N., & Nawaz, S. (2017). Spatial Differences and Socio-economic Determinants of Health Poverty. The Pakistan Development Review 56 (3), 221-248
- Nawaz, S., & Iqbal, N. (2016). Education Poverty in Pakistan: A Spatial Analysis at District Level. Indian Journal of Human Development, 10(2), 270-287
- Iqbal, N., & Awan, M. S. (2015). Determinants of urban poverty: the case of medium sized city in Pakistan. The Pakistan Development Review, 54(4), 719-738.
- Nawaz, S., Iqbal, N., & Khan, M. (2014). The impact of institutional quality on economic growth: panel evidence. The Pakistan Development Review, 53(1), 15.
- Nawaz, S., Iqbal, N., & Anwar, S. (2014). Modelling electricity demand using the STAR (Smooth Transition Auto-Regressive) model in Pakistan. Energy, 78, 535-542
- Iqbal, N., & Daly, V. (2014). Rent seeking opportunities and economic growth in transitional economies. Economic Modelling, 37(0), 16-22
- Iqbal, N., Ghani, E., & Din, M. (2014). Pakistan’s Dependency on Imports and Regional Integration. The Lahore Journal of Economics, 19SE, 395-409.
- Azam, M., Iqbal, N., & Tayyab, M. (2014). Zakat and Economic Development: Micro and Macro Level Evidence from Pakistan. Bulletin of Business and Economics (BBE), 3(2), 85-95.
- Nawaz, S., Iqbal, N., & Anwar, S. (2013). Electricity Demand in Pakistan: A Nonlinear Estimation. The Pakistan Development Review, 52(4), 479-492.
- Iqbal, N. (2013). Fiscal decentralization, democratic institutions and inflation. The Pakistan Development Review, 52 (3), 207-220
- Azam, M., Khan, M., & Iqbal, N. (2012). Impact of political risk and uncertainty on FDI in South Asia. Transition Studies Review, 19(1), 59-77.
- Iqbal, N., Din, M., & Ghani, E. (2012). Fiscal Decentralization and Economic Growth: Role of Democratic Institutions. The Pakistan Development Review, 51(3), 173-195.
- Awan, M. S., Iqbal, N., & Waqas, M. (2011). The impact of human capital on urban poverty: The case of Sargodha city. Journal of Sustainable Development, 4(1), 143.
- Iqbal, N., & Nawaz, S. (2009). Investment, inflation and economic growth nexus. The Pakistan Development Review, 48(4), 863-874.
- Nasir, Z. M., & Iqbal, N. (2009). Employers Size Wage Differential: Does Investment in Human Capital Matter? The Pakistan Development Review, 48(4), 509-521.
- Iqbal, N., Khan, S. J. I., & Chani, M. I. (2008). Democracy Autocracy and Macroeconomic Performance in Pakistan. Kashmir Economic Review, XVII(1), 61-88.
- Iqbal, N., & Nawaz, S. (2020) Targeting efficiency and effectiveness of national cash transfers program: Lessons from BISP, Pakistan. in Economic Challenges Facing Pakistan in the Regional and Global Environment 2017-19 (pp. 357-370). Lahore Scholl of Economics, Pakistan
- Arif, G. M., Farooq, S., & Iqbal, N. (2019). Labour Migration from Pakistan to the Gulf Countries: An Investigation of Regional Disparities in Outflows of Workers, Remittances and Poverty. In Asianization of Migrant Workers in the Gulf Countries (pp. 189-217). Springer, Singapore.
- Amjad, R., Arif, G. M., & Iqbal, N (2017). The cost of migration from Pakistan to Saudi Arabia and the UAE. In THE PAKISTANI DIASPORA, 137-145, Lahore School of Economics, Pakistan
- Arif, G. M., Iqbal, N., & Farooq, S. (2015). Poverty and Pakistan’s 2010 Flood, The Environments of the Poor in South Asia: Simultaneously Reducing Poverty, Protecting the Environment, and Adapting to Climate Change (pp. 169-190): Oxford University Press.
- Arif, G. M., & Iqbal, N. (2009). Infrastructure and Poverty Nexus: the Case of Rural Pakistan, Socio-Economic Challenges Faces by Pakistan: Islamic International University, Islamabad.